Thursday, July 23, 2009

Practical Training

The last week has been awful, and yet I must thank God for an opportunity that has advanced my skills. The family car broke down last week and the wife and kids have been stranded at home since last Saturday. The only exceptions have been the times where my wife has borrowed the company work van (food runs), or when I've driven my son to football practice. Fortunately, my father-in-law has taken the time to make this experience less expensive on our money bag.

This has allowed me, mister stupid when it comes to cars, to learn a bit more on how a vehicle works. I believe this may pay off in at least three ways: 1) being able to fix future problems on our family car, 2) being able to help others in this, or similar situations, and 3) A skill set extremely valuable if one day society does in fact falter.

This is the hands on training I haven't to this point, and perhaps wouldn't have in the future been concern with, if I hadn't been forced to handle it this week. Sometimes a trial now can/will be a blessing down the road. Maybe the old maxim "In all things give God thanks" is pointing to.

No comments:

Post a Comment