Thursday, July 16, 2009

Once You Start, There's No Going Back

So it begins. I can take no more. I've crossed the line from banging my head on the wall, and gnashing my teeth, to publishing my angst. I look at my government and see politicians instead of representatives. I see leaders who follow their own desires instead of desiring to lead their followers. My country has gone from a "light on a hill" to ruins lost amongst the vines. My country was once the beacon of hope for the downtrodden. Now the traveler would pass down the path, missing the outlines of the building blocks our founding fathers laid, that the jungle has consumed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little more optimistic. Out of this mess there may be an awaking of the American Spirit. The pendulum is swinging too far for the masses not to see it. Once it has swung far enough there will be a correction - I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you and I are in a similar position. I started my blog back in mid June for pretty much the same reasons. I hope other Americans wake up and see what is happening to our country and speak up about it as well. Will be keeping an eye on your blog.

    ReplyDelete