Thursday, November 12, 2009

Break Is Over

I've been away for quite some time due to a bad hard drive. I've only been able to get online via safe mode, so I haven't felt comfortable blogging. I'm kicking myself for not learning more about computers. I've also been quite busy with work the last few months which is rare for someone in the construction field. I'm just going to ride the wave as long as it takes me.

The NY 23 race really caught my eye mostly due to the fact that a "3rd party" particapant was thought to have a real fighting chance. Having majored in Political Science in college, I knew that it is extremly rare for a 3rd party candaiate to be successful in anything more than mucking up the other two candaidates. However, this time, this guy, was looking seriously set for the upset. But alas, he lost, or so we've been led to believe. It seems that as the votes are coming in, he's only 3000 away instead of the 5000 last week. AND, they haven't counted the 10,000 or so absentee ballots yet.

What really gets me angry is that State Board of Elections made it seem as if there wasn't a chance for him (Hoffman) to win so he gave his concession (which any good conservative will do when it appears over, instead of acting like a child and asking how dare the peons not vote for me). They've sort of appologized saying it was a bit hectic and the call screeners read some counts wrong back to the headquarters ,but maybe it had something to do with Pelosi and the health care bill. 220-215, means that the bill passed by a 3 vote margin. So, if only three more people had voted nay it would have failed. The one lone Republican that voted yes, only did so when the vote was 218 for, so it is probable he might have voted nay if he knew his vote tipped the scale. Knowing that it had won, he voted yes. But what if Hoffman realy is victorios? That's one more vote nay, then perhaps Cao (lone repub) may have voted nay, now we have two. The third vote may not have came but would have made this a heck of alot closer. I imagine that if Hoffman does pull it off you may hear a lot of republicans looking for a re-vote. The moral of the story is never count yourself out, until the count is completely out.

No comments:

Post a Comment